Emergency support of temporary child support expense
of Child Support Expenses Service for supporting the execution of paying child support expenses Emergency support of temporary child support expense
Guide for Emergency Support for Temporary Child Support Expenses
- Emergency support for temporary child support expenses is a system for building safe nurturing environment by supporting child support expenses, and dealing with the creditor of child support expenses whose children’s welfare might be in jeopardy, or if there is a risk of being in jeopardy. After emergency support is complete, the amount will be charged from the debtor of child support expenses by following the examples of the normal dispositions of national tax arrears.
Securing children’s safety
Support temporary child support expenses so that children are not in danger due to financial difficulties.
Possible support after applying for the supports of execution
Single parent families who meet the requirements among the applicants of supporting the execution are eligible to apply.
Support up to 12 months
If the emergency situation is continued even after receiving support for 9 months, support can be extended to up to 3 further months.
- Support content: Emergency support for temporary child support expenses offers KRW 200 thousand per month for one child for 9 months. If the emergency situation is continued, it can be extended by 3 months one more time.
- Support recipients: The recipients of Emergency support for temporary child support expenses are limited to those which satisfy the following requirements (1-5), and they are selected after going through a review.
- 1. If the debtor of child support expenses does not pay child support expenses to the creditor of child support expenses who applied for child support expenses support execution in advance to Child Support Agency, while nurturing minor children under 19 years old due to divorce or no-marriage
- 2. If there is Schuldtitel (report on sharing the child support expense or verdict) on child support expense
- 3. Should not receive living wages according to the National Basic Living Security Act or living support, according to the Emergency Aid and Support Act
- 4. If the income of the family to which the creditor of child support expenses belongs is less than 75% of standard median income, according to 「National Basic Living Security Act 」
- 5. If it fits into one of the following cases
- ① If a child’s welfare is in danger as the emergency situation continues or if there is a risk of danger even after receiving support as per 「Emergency Aid and Support Act 」 Article 9 (1) 1
- ② If a child who is getting support or the creditor of child support expenses has a serious disease or a history of having surgery due to disease and is hospitalized for 2 weeks or more, causing difficulty in daily life, or nursing is required due to disease or injury
- ③ If the creditor of child support expenses is (mother's side) grandparent and nurturing grandchild
- ④ If the living environment is risky due to the delayed payment of heat, electricity, water and utility bills
- ⑤ If the creditor of child support expense receives a decision of personal rehabilitation from the court due to excessive liabilities or a decision of adjusted liabilities by the Credit Counseling and Recovery Service
- ⑥ Additionally, if the committee for reviewing the payment of temporary child support expenses recognizes that support is required
|1. 1. Submit application
|2. Check documents and requirement
|3. Review and make decisions
|Submit application -Nurturing parents who meet the requirements submit an application
-review related documents
-check if it meets requirements for applications
|Committee for reviewing the payment of temporary child support expenses
-Review whether to apply and make a decision Decisions on support
→Paying the support amount is not supported
→Case is closed if the requirement is not met
|Collect from the debtor of child support expenses according to cases of disposition of default